Dubai has made its mark as a sought-after sun-soaked travel destination. The sparkling sandy landscapes and phenomenal architectural designs make the city a rare combination of both natural and man-made wonders.
From a previously rather unknown location– Dubai has prodigiously transformed itself into a splendid city of cosmopolitan cultures and international cuisines. The city has blossomed into a vivacious hotspot of business and tourism. The hotels and malls of Dubai are known to provide unmatched entertainment – catering to tastes to all – including residents, expat, tourists and visiting business executives.
From the Burj Khalifa to the Miracle Gardens – Dubai provides amusement as well by the day as by the night. For those seeking fun and relaxation – the city almost never runs out of options to check out. A boisterous night-out in the hotel is as much possible as a quiet walk by the Jumeirah beach.
In other words, Dubai is designed to not disappoint anyone. A very popular way to explore the city is by renting cars. Especially, for those on extended visits in the city – monthly car rental is highly recommended. The demand for monthly car rentals in Dubai has especially soared in the recent times due to the pandemic.
Does it make sense to opt for monthly rental car in Dubai?
The answer to that question is that it depends. That said, as with any other major city of the world – an ideal mode of transport is one which saves both time and money. Public transport is inevitably more time-consuming while being relatively pocket and environment-friendly. On the other hand – taxis and cabs while being a bit quicker – can be uneconomical.
A great solution to this dilemma is therefore renting a car. Monthly car rental in Dubai is fast emerging as a preferred way to travel within the city – specifically for visitors who plan to stay over in the city for several weeks. Comfort, choice, budget – there are several reasons as to why it can be beneficial to rent a car on a monthly basis in Dubai.
Top 5 benefits of renting a car on a monthly basis in Dubai
- Flexibility: The biggest benefit of renting a car on monthly basis in Dubai has to be the freedom and flexibility it provides. While public transport is also improving by the day in Dubai – renting cars to commute within the city is emerging as a strong contender. The key reason for this is that renting a car totally does away with any reliance on public transport or cabs. It is true that public transport should be encouraged for environmental protection. However, for fast-paced business executives, certain tourists and those with special needs – renting a monthly car rental in Dubai can be a wonderful way to move comfortably as and when required.
- Driver’s delight: Dubai has been regularly rated as one of the best places to drive in the world. With its fantastic network of state-of-art highways– Dubai is a driver’s delight. While cheap cost of gas is often cited as an attractive feature – it must be noted that Dubai also has competitively low rates of traffic violations. What’s more? Driving in Dubai has the additional pleasure of taking in breath-taking sand landscapes as you cruise around. Many people value the pleasure of traveling over just reaching from point A to point B. Renting a car on a monthly basis can therefore be a great way then to discover Dubai’s quaint nooks and corners.
- Insurance cost: As a legal requirement – it is necessary for every car in Dubai to be registered as well as insured. Obtaining and renewing insurance – as is often the case – can be time consuming as well as tricky. Obtaining an insurance has quite a bit of details and protocols to follow – which vary as per the car model and condition. As a quick check of this fact – simply enquire with any car owner. Several car owners have horror stories to narrate regarding their insurance claims. When you opt to rent a car you can let the car rental companies worry about this. Moreover, when you go for long-term or monthly car rental in Dubai you can avail of extended benefits on insurance.
- Range and choice: While in Dubai you will be spoiled for choice for most things. Not surprisingly, when it comes to renting a car the options are again practically endless. From economy and sports cars to high-end luxury cars – you can take your pick based on your budget, requirement and taste. While this may sound rather superficial – it also has practical implications. Cars are designed for various purposes. When you have specific travel needs – you can pick the most suitable car from the extensive range of hatchbacks, sedans, vans and SUVs. In this way, a monthly car rental in Dubai can be booked to address your custom traveling requirements.
- Travel together: Dubai is a favorite destination for families. Most families have adults, children and senior citizens. In these cases – it is important to travel together as a unit. Public transport makes this difficult if not impossible. Long-distance road trips in the city can be easily planned with a rented car. If you go for monthly car rental in Dubai – this can be as good as traveling comprehensively and comfortably in your very own vehicle. Even better – car maintenance, repair and insurance are already taken care of for you by the rental companies. Furthermore, there will be no need to sell the car at the end of your stay.
At the end of the day – the best way to explore Dubai depends on your time and budget. Undoubtedly, renting a car allows for greater convenience as against public transport. Consider all aspects of your stay in the city – such as the number of people traveling with you, purpose of travel, budget, comfort and any special needs. Following this, when you decide to go for a monthly car rental in Dubai – it can prove to be an excellent way to travel with in the city. Go take the road less travelled – literally!